Fall starts tomorrow, and I just loved finding this little red leaf on my morning walk as a small reminder of the new season. There is something about the nostalgia and lore of this weather that just makes my heart go pitter patter. Christmas is filled with love and tradition, summer is all for parties and traveling, spring is
blah not my favorite, but fall? Fall is the best.
Tomorrow, I'm going up to the mountains to see the fall colors and the leaves change (my husband likes to remind me that we won't actually be seeing them visibly change with our own eyes. He's an engineer. Thanks, honey!) and to attend Julie's memorial service. It will be bittersweet, but I think the pristine beauty that will surround us as we grieve her loss will help me feel a little bit better. She loved the beauty of the mountains in Colorado, so it really is the perfect place to say goodbye.
I plan on drinking cinnamon apple spice tea (her favorite) and wearing my it's the journey necklace in her honor.
Well, cheers to fall and to friendship! What are you lovelies up to this weekend? So glad to have some new readers this week, too! Welcome to the weekend round-up!
1. This is the best pumpkin bread with chocolate chips you will ever taste. Ever.
3. I am so obsessed with Creative Market! Free goodies for bloggers!
4. My new favorite blog: The Fresh Exchange
5. In case you missed it, I did an interview with Kindlewood (my new favorite band!)
6. Have you ever tried dry shampoo? I think this dry shampoo trick sounds awesome!
7. Great ideas for designing your Facebook timeline page from the Alt Blog.
8. These 10 things you need to stop putting on Instagram are spot. on.
9. I am so behind on How I Met Your Mother.
10. I think what Jesse Tyler Ferguson (of tv's Modern Family) and Justin Mikita are doing with Tie the Knot is just awesome!
11. And finally, I taught my husband this dance last night. And we have a wedding to go to next week, so we will have some place to perform our sweet moves. I guess we should keep practicing pretending that we're riding an invisible horse (if you haven't clicked on the link now, you're like What??? Just go click on it. You're welcome.).