Spencer and I sat down last night to recap what we did this summer. We both had big plans and big ideas in June for what this summer would be like, since we weren't planning a wedding this time around. I think all the amped up hopes and ideas for what this summer would be like makes fall a bit more bitter than sweet, so we really wanted to debrief how it went for us.
When we first started talking, we were both a bit sad, thinking we didn't do some of the "normal" summer to do's, like go to the beach (which we did) or go swimming (which we did)... Then, the list started forming. And it went on. And on.
This is what we came up with. It seems that we actually had a killer summer after all:
- Watched Hannah, Spencer's little sister, graduate from high school
- Played frisbee in the park one night (so carefree)
- Went to a Rockies game
- I tried Crossfit and did not die (major win)
- Dinner with our friends Amber and Hunter
- Visits to the farmer's market
- Spencer and his dad went to the drag races at Bandimere Speedway. Apparently there is a car that can go a quarter of a mile in 3 seconds?!
- I hiked up a ca-razy trail at Chautauqua with my friend Amy
- I bought Spencer his first Moscow Mule cup
- Set up our hammock on the porch, and spent many a lazy day out there
- Traveled up to Breckenridge for the day
- Flew out to Boston for my best friend's wedding, was maid of honor on her big day, gave my first speech at a wedding, danced like a maniac, spent 4th of July overlooking the water in Gloucester, was reunited with my best friends, including one who now lives in Australia
- Visited with my best friend Tessa, who came back to visit the States from Israel, where she's lived since high school
- We bought a grill, and made grilled pizza
- Tried slack lining, and fell in love with it
- Wrote out our love story
- Went camping with Spencer's family
- Traveled up to Vail for our anniversary
- Rode our bikes down Vail Pass (in the rain and hail, oh so Colorado)
- Ate our first dish of molecular gastronomy - we had lemon air
- Redesigned my studio (or "pseudo-studio" or "pseudio")
- Saw Counting Crows at Red Rocks
- I became Director of Marketing for Wonderfully Made.
That's a pretty amazing summer, if you ask me. It was so nice to not be planning our wedding, like we were last year. It's just a bummer how fast it sped by, partly because we were both so busy with work and our personal lives. Spencer and I have always loved summer, but fall and the holidays were always and will forever be our special time. There is so much lore, and so many stories in our relationship when fall comes around. I'm excited to see what this fall brings.
And the winner of last week's TumbleRoot giveaway is Anne (another one, not me! obvi):